Take care of your body.
Vitamin shots are easy ways to replenish and restore vitamins and minerals into your system. Studies reveal that over 90 percent of people are deficient in at least one or more nutrients, with vitamins D and B12, iron, calcium, vitamins C,E, and A, fiber, and potassium being the most common deficiencies.
Patients can address these deficiencies through oral supplements or vitamin injections, either intravaneously (drips) or intramuscularly (shots). In these cases, the essential vitamins and minerals bypass the gut and are delivered directly into the blood stream where they can then be absorbed into their cells.
Vitamin shots are intramuscular injections that replenish your essential vitamin and mineral levels and build a safety net to help ensure adequate nutrient intake. For maximum effectiveness, vitamin shots can be taken once every 2 weeks to ensure adequate levels and high functioning of your body’s internal systems.
Vitamin Shots Details.
What are Vitamin Shots?
Vitamin shots are intramuscular (IM) injections of essential vitamins and minerals. The nutrients are injected into your muscle to allow for rapid absorption into your blood stream, and thus delivery to your body’s cells. Injections can be taken in the deltoid muscle (arm), thigh muscle, hip muscle, or dorsogluteal muscle (rear).
It is difficult to ensure we provide our body with the necessary nutrients through diet alone. Oral supplements usually contain preservatives, dyes, flavor, sugar, coating or glazing (gelatin), disintegrants, binders and fillers, so what we see in our supplements isn’t always the nutrients we consume. Further, because diet and oral supplements pass through the gut, we experience sub-100% absorption of consumed vitamins and minerals–sometimes as low as 20%–as it passes through our digestive systems.
What kind of shots are available and what are the benefits?
We have a variety of vitamin and mineral shots available, including:
- Vitamin C (Immunity) / $25 – Vitamin C is a nutrient found in foods, like oranges and bellpeppers. It has many important roles in our body’s immune function and can prevent or improve recovery time from infections and illnesses like the flu and cold. It is required for the production of collagen (wound healing/regerenation of new skin cells), antioxidants, L-carnitine and some neurotransmitters and protien metabolism. Vitamin C shots can help prevent colds & flu when the body is stressed and improve skin & bone health.
- Vitamin B-12 (Energy & Focus) / $25 – Vitamin B-12 is an essential vitamin that your body needs but cannot produce. It is found naturally in animal products. Vitamin B-12 supports the normal function of your nerve cells and is needed for red blood cell formation and DNA synthesis. It boosts oxygenation through improved red blood cell formation which can boost your energy and improve your memory/cognitive function. B-12 shots are commonly used to address low energy/fatigue to boost metabolism.
- Vitamin B-Complex (Stress & Mood) / $30 – Vitamin B-Complex is the combination all the known essential water-soluble vitamins except for vitamin C and B-12. The group of eight B vitamin include: B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (panthotehnic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), B7 (biotin) andB9 (folate). Vitamin B1 supports metabolism, B2 helps convert food into energy, B3 plays a role in cellular signaling and DNA production, B5 helps hormone and cholesterol production, B6 is involved in amino acid metabolism, red blood cell production and creation of neurotransmitters, B7 regulates gene expression and B9 is needed for cell growth and proper cell division. Vitamin B-Complex shots better equip our bodies with the right nutrition to deal with stress and support feelings of calm and stability.
- MIC + B-12 (Weight Loss) / $35 – The MIC injection is a blend of the amino acids Methionine, Inositol, and Choline, which together prevent excess fat buildup in the liver and body, aids in the metabolism of fats, support the endocrine and cardiovascular systems, relieve fatigue, improve allergy symptoms by decreasing histamin release, improve your mood, curb your appetite and excrete toxins. These are lipotropic substances that help burn fat while the Vitamin B-12 helps accelerate your metabolism, increases energy, detox, burn stored fat, regulate sleep, mood and appetite. MIC injections can help your body use fat properly, breakdown fats, and prevent the body from storing extra fat. Lipotropic injections are not a substitute for proper diet and exercise, but when utilized together can maximize results.
- Glutathione (Skin/Antioxidants) / $30 – Known as the “Master Antioxidant,” Glutathione is involved in many processes in the body, including tissue regeneration, protein synthesis and the immune system. Glutathione is primarily composed of three amino acids: glutamine, glycine, and cysteine. Glutathione plays a key role in antioxidant defense, the breakdown of nutrients, and regulation of many biological processes (including immune response). Glutathione can prevent illnesses by reducing oxidative stress in the body, regulating the inflammatory response in autoimmune diseases and improving skin health and heart health.
How often should I get vitamin shots?
Vitamin shots replenish your essential vitamin and mineral levels and build a stronger immune system. For maximum effectiveness, vitamin shots can be administered once every 2 weeks to maintain adequate vitamin levels and ensure optimal wellness.
What if I take too many shots?
Because the vitamins shots we use are water soluble, your body will absorb what it needs, and will pass what it does not.
What are the health risks?
As mentioned above, your body will only absorb the what it needs and will pass what it does not. If you are taking medications, certain vitamins and minerals have the potential to interact with your medications, including diabetic prescriptions, metformin, proton pump inhibitors, antagonists and antibiotics. Please inform your medical practitioner of current medications prior to receiving your vitamin injections. In very rare cases, some people can experience side effects caused by allergic reactions or sensitivity.